Monday, May 25, 2009

Game 4: Nuggets – Lakers | Running Notes & Thoughts

==> Chauncey Billups has slapped hands with at least 20 people (including coaches, players, and peeps in the stands) right before the game is set to begin. Do you think he is worried about if he got everyone?
==> Why is each starter allowed to hold on to the ball and dribble it and put it over their head before tip-off? Do some players have pre-game ball rituals? What would mine be? Do I have to be a superstar or point guard to get to feel the ball? Andre Bynum doesn’t dribble it around.
==> A tattoo on my neck of red lips is probably the last tattoo in the world I would ever get. If I was in the NBA, I guarantee I would have a neck tattoo. For real.
==> Have you seen Birdman give interviews with his hair straight and combed? You should. His persona and look on the court is so crazy, how does he try to be a normaler looking person off the court and succeed?
==> Lamar Odom blocks another inbound pass. Good thing it is still the first quarter.
==> Luke Walton is poop.
==> Lamar Odom is the only Laker I like.
==> Kobe banks in a runner at the end of the first quarter. Mark Jackson makes a joke no one saw coming about the bank being open on a holiday. I bet Sean Marshall laughed. More importantly, Kobe’s jersey is way too big. He is swimming in it. His shorts are baggy too. Diana Taurasi looks better in her jersey in the WNBA ads.
==> J.R. Smith hits a floater and proceeds to let Sasha know about it. Birdman then deflates the ball against the backboard. To say that the Nuggets bench has a lot of energy would be an understatement.
==> I saw something the other day about how when AI first got traded to the Nuggets that both Carmelo & J.R. Smith had a hard time keeping up with his partying because AI was out until 3AM. Do you think they have been able to keep up with Birdman’s partying?
==> J.R. Smith is somehow really good at passing, but one of my favorite things is when after players make the pass they turn their heads to make it look more like a no-look pass or just way cooler.
==> Kobe makes a turn around jumper over Anthony Carter for an And 1, then makes his stupid stupid face when he hits shots and sticks out his jaw and lower lip almost. I don’t know how to describe it or explain what he is doing because he is so uncomfortable and stupid. Almost as stupid as his purple & gold headphones.
==> I am bored during halftime so I have been looking at pictures of Kobe Bryant and found the picture below. He is sitting next to Sun Yue I assume, but whyyyyyyy???? Because he has no friends and no one likes him and he is an arrogant jerkhead.
==> Halftime special on Chris Andersen, the real guy not The Birdman. I learned nothing like usual and am glad his hair is like it is now instead of how it was when he tried the same dunk 31 times in the dunk contest.
==> Dahntay Jones trips Kobe. Kobe is upset. I’m not.
==> Chris Andersen just shot a three. I’m upset. He’s not. Sasha missed one right after. They have the same 3PT FG% this game!
==> Sasha hit one, oops.
==> Jeff Van Gundy doesn’t like that 7 Technical Fouls in the Playoffs results in an automatic suspension because 7 is an arbitrary number. He then suggests 9 or 11 games without explanation. Those are also numbers.
==> My favorite part about the Shaq & Kobe alley-oop against the Blazers commercial is that Kobe tries to high-five Shaq, but Shaq sort of looks and ignores it and then celebrates by pointing up into the stands.
==> The Nuggets Trainer has a gr8 mustache & Big Shot with a BIG SHOT.
==> Slo-Mo shot of J.R. pounding his chest with both hands, first person I’ve seen do that, and yells “mother fucker” at the same time.
==> I wonder if Bynum gets excited at Christmas or what he is like drunk.
==> “Look at my arm! Look at my arm!” – Pau Gasol
==> J.R. Smith hits two COLOSSAL threes then does a chicken dance back the other way. I hope I can find a picture of it to make my profile picture. J.R. celebrates like no one else in the NBA, HE IS THE FUCKING MAN!!!!!!!!!!
==> Mike Posner "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" drops now too!! Best day ever!!

No comments: