Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can we get a systems go?

I finally had new music to listen to today. After finding the new Wale mixtape (see the next post), I saw that B.o.B aka Bobby Ray had released a new mixtape, as well. I think it's funny that he titled the mixtape B.o.B vs. Bobby Ray since he is obviously copying T.I.'s dual personality formula (T.I. vs. T.I.P.), seeing as how they are both from Atlanta AND B.o.B is signed to T.I.'s label (Grand Hustle). Anyways, B.o.B is certainly stylistically different from Wale. B.o.B's stuff is less hip-hop and more of some blend of blues, pop, and rap. As B.o.B, he does more rapping and then as Bobby Ray it's a lot more singing and pop-type music. Lyrically, most of it leaves a lot to be desired relative to Wale. But it is definitely entertaining. I thought the mixtape was ok, you can get it here. There was one song though that I have been listening to all day: Satellite. I don't know what it is about this song because the words are about nothing and the beat is relatively simple. It's just super catchy, I guess. Anyways, give it a listen:


Maybe I just become obsessed with all songs about outer space, considering that Supernova was playing in my room nonstop during Finals Week.

Anyways, I'm off to France for 12 days. Hope everyone is having a good summer. Maybe while I'm gone The-Flage and D-Cup will pick up some of the slack and lose their blogging virginity.

P.S. USA Soccer? Shaq to Cleveland? How has Justin not written about any of this yet?

No comments: